Vegan "Cheesy" Kale Chips
2 large heads of curly kale 1 cup sunflower seeds (or use raw cashews for a little sweeter flavor) 1/2 red or orange bell pepper
1/2 cup nutritional yeast 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Soak the sunflower seeds in filtered water for 2 hours and drain thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
3. Rinse and thoroughly dry kale. Then tear into small pieces and discard any large stems
4. Then use a high-speed blender to blend the sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, pepper, olive oil and salt until smooth.
5. In a large mixing bowl scoop the batter onto your kale leaves and massage the sauce into kale until well incorporated.
6. Spread the kale leaves evenly onto a lined baking tray (or you can use 2 trays to spread out the leaves a bit more. Just remember to switch the top and the bottom tray half way through in the oven while it is baking).
7. Bake for 60 minutes. Then lightly stir/toss the kale to ensure even baking. Bake for another 50-60 minutes minutes more or until kale is crispy and very slightly golden brown. If some of the chips are still wet with the seasoning, you can leave the pans in the oven a little longer at 200 degrees F to further crisp up.