1 lb large chicken thighs or chicken breasts
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 inch piece ginger
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp arrowroot starch
2-3 green onions
2 tbsp sesame seeds (black or white or mix the two)
1. Chop the onions, mince the garlic and grate the ginger.
2. In a large skillet heat the oil and add diced onion, garlic and ginger, and cook over medium heat.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil.
4. Once the onions are translucent. Add the chicken to the pan.
5. Once the chicken in almost cooked add in the soy sauce mixture.
6. In a small bowl mix together the water and arrowroot starch and give it a quick stir and pour it in the pan with the chicken.
7. Mix everything and cook for another few minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked.
8. Turn off the heat and add the spring onion and sesame seeds.