Chocolate Date Bars
I am often in the need for a easy quick breakfast or snack options. My kids leave for school early in the morning to catch the bus. Some days we just don’t have enough time to sit and eat a full breakfast. I always have these bars in my freezer and we use them as a on the go breakfast/snack option.
3/4 cup pitted medjool dates
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup pecans
4 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp unsweetened chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor add the nuts and process them until coarsely chopped. The add the dates and process the mixtures until well combined.
3. Add the baking soda, cocoa powder, egg, salt and process until it becomes smooth (almost the consistency of a think/coarse paste)
4. Pour the mixture over prepared loaf pan. Spread and flatten the mixture evenly over the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool and cut into desired sized bar.